My heart is burdened about our sweet 14 year old dog Barkley. He is showing more and more signs of aging and having a hard time with simple things he used to enjoy and we all took for granted. I know he is just a dog but please pray for us and him. Things are just not looking very good and I won't be surprised if 2009 brings a change in our family that we have not been wanting. Yesterday he 'fell' on the brick steps leading into our house from the garage. He couldn't get himself up. The rest of the day was followed by limping and being 'stuck' on the floor and able to get himself up. Today same thing but not as bad except he wouldn't eat or drink anything until around 4:00 this afternoon. He usually woofs his breakfast down in the morning and is begging for dinner again around 4:00 not eating one meal a day. Also, no water. Another strange occurrence.
Also, he is getting harder and harder to hear us. You can actually sneak up on him now. Anyway, Jim's over-time at work has been cut out and he has been home the last 3 Fridays. Tomorrow we are taking him to the vet. Jim said he is afraid the vet will tell him of some 'options' and we are not ready for that but we must take him in. Even before Elena went to bed she told us she wanted to say 'goodbye' to Barkley before he goes to the Vet tomorrow and her to school. We tried to tell her that he is just seeing the doctor but she has seen him groaning and having problems just getting around and even almost starts to cry.
Keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you!
Donna
Update: The vet is treating him for arthritis. So far, he is actually already acting better but man his meds. are expensive! The visit today would of paid for my new sofa... LOL
3 comments:
I am so sorry that Barkley is having problems & that the medication is so expensive. He is such a sweet soul & has a way about him that just makes you like him from the minute you meet him.
We will all keep him in our prayers.
-Kathy, NJ
I had sent two different comments on two different days to this blog, but I have no idea where they went.
I'm glad that Barkley is feeling better. Did you buy a new sofa?
I hope Barkley get's even better!
-Scott
Post a Comment