Thank you Rose and Kathy for your prayers and comments concerning my sister and her loss. It means so much to me to know others are praying for her. Update: they are going through some tests to see if they can determine why these pregnancies were both terminated at the same time. Also Karen spoke with her boss to see if they could help her with the stress level at her job that maybe that is contributing to the problem. She works in a mortgage company and it has been very stressful lately.
Life in the D'Andrea home has been kinda crazy. Ever since Christmas Elena has been very hyper and easily excited especially when guests are at our home for her. Even if her cousins are here who are used to being here she is still very excited and therefore becomes very hyper. I guess this comes with the territory of being an only child. Yesterday Elena had a friend over for lunch and just hanging out here at the house. This is a friend from school. She is a very sweet girl but like every one who is Elena's friend they all say the same thing. "Others think Elena is weird but I don't". Does that hurt a Mother's feelings to hear the same thing said about her child, yes! Jim doesn't seem to be bothered by those kind of comments. He says kids say that about every body. I don't agree. Although every one is different, Elena is very different. Her high energy is even more than Jim and I can handle sometimes and it has lately created some real high anxiety in our home. We are always yelling at one another and no one seems to be happy except Elena. She is in her own world and really has no clue the tension that is present or she doesn't let on she does. I just wish that she could bring herself to a happy medium that she can still be herself but not so excitable. Does that make sense? Probably not. I am not used to hyper people although I have a hyper sister inlaw and daughter still it doesn't work with my personality a lot of the time. Still I love them both and still I want to be the best for them.
I have to say that things are hard right now and we all need your prayers for our family. Depression is high and I am not sure how to handle things any more. Maybe we just need a break from one another. So that we can appreciate each other again.
I am meeting with an old childhood friend this coming week! She found me on facebook! She used to live right behind me and we often played together. It is so weird to keep finding these old friends from my childhood! Actually finding out a lot of them are still in Greenville!
Well, things will look up I know but right now this all is heavy on my heart.
Thanks for listening.
Donna
2 comments:
Winter is a very depressing season, it will be over soon. I'm hoping that you will feel better in the spring weather, in fact, I hope we all will feel better than. I was just thinking of going for a walk before lunch, so I checked the temperature and it is 36. That is pretty cold to be walking around so I think I will skip the walk again today.
Elena is now at the most difficult age. A DR on TV was talking about it this morning. He said most people would like to take a drug that would help them to forget the middle school age. It was during a discussion about Propanolol, that they now discovered that it makes you forget emotional distress. It caught my eye because I have been taking this drug for about 40 years now. Is that why I don't remember the pain of child birth? ha.
Marriages always have their ups and downs. Any two people have two brains and two different ways of thinking. Unless you are a stepford wife, you will sometimes disagree. Some people fight over money and some over how to raise the kids, I think these are the two most common issues of disagreement.
Love,
Rose
I am so sorry to hear about your sister.
As for Elena, I know what you mean about the being weird comments. Sarah wants to be known as weird! She says there are no rules when you are weird, you can like bugs & animals and listen to whatever music you want instead of Miley Cyrus and Beyonce.... you can just be you! That's Sarah's phlosophy & it took me a while to be OK with it because you always want the best of everything for your child but I am happy with her being who she is rather than trying to be part of a group who doesn't like her for herself. Zack was the same way & still is. Neither of them are sports kids & they are not the most popular but they are true to themselves, have a few good friends and are happy.
Things will all work out.... you'll see!
- Kathy, NJ
Post a Comment