I can't recall if I even shared the news that will effect our family this summer with two additions to our family. My niece is expecting her second son, July 4, 2009 and my youngest sister Karen is pregnant with her first due August 24, 2009. You may recall the two family members I asked prayer for. My niece has been put on bed rest. She has placenta previa and we were very concerned at first but being the 3rd or so week of bed rest she is showing some improvement. What I understand is if this isn't watched carefully premature delivery or other problems can occur. Karen, well she seems to be doing well and not having any problems. It is something that with all this bad news of the economy and all we have miracles being born even during these trying times. Nothing worth having comes easy and these two women have really experienced that to be true. Please keep them in your prayers and also for the babies. My niece has announced the name so I shall share it. Connor will be a big brother to Graham Laine and a good one he will be! Life is so precious!
Elena had a great birthday week. I still can't believe how old she is now. Last Monday we went to the high school where she will be attending next year for curriculum night. Another reality slap in the face that was for sure. She is doing pretty good in school this year. I have heard though to be able to get into the college she wants to go for equestrian occupations she is going to have to make a 3.0 and that will require that she never makes anything below a B the four years she is in HS. It's going to be tough but it will work out.
The last couple of weeks or should I say the last couple of months I have been reunited with more friends either from High School days or from the neighborhood I grew up in. Facebook has been so much fun with reconnecting with these people. Even Jim is enjoying it. He doesn't blog so it's perfect for him. The joy of reconnecting with some people though has me amazed at how the years have gone by. I have re-connected with two gals I used to BABY SIT for!!!! They probably thought I was nuts because of course they didn't remember me but have graciously allowed me to catch up with them. They both live now in Texas and are in their thirties.
A couple of weeks ago I 'joined' a group that supports a healthier way of living and weight loss. It is sponsored by the area hospital, YMCA, and some other companies called Activate Upstate. There is a website that you can chart your exercise, food, and weigh in information. They provide information about nutrition, exercise and recipes all for free. There is a weigh in site each Friday and tomorrow will be the second weigh in. The first weigh in I wore the same thing I wore on the onset of the program and I lost over 2 pounds! At the initiation they measured and weighed me. Giving me some tips on how my weight loss is 'doable' HA HA HA! Anyway, just by cutting out night time snacking and making portions smaller I lost that much weight. Just think what I could do if I got serious... HA Funny thing, Elena and Jim came with me. Elena had herself weighed so she could get a free t-shirt... HA!
Remember when the cell phone was lost?! Well, little did we know that those two months saved us money. Christmas my niece got a cell phone and they have a unlimited plan. Elena who wasn't that big into all that we didn't pay the extra money to have her an unlimited plan when we initiated the service. Now, we wish we did. Received the bill today that with over 250 text messages mostly to my sweet niece the bill was over by 60 dollars! We want to go with a different plan and can't do it till April with Elena on the plan as well. Elena felt really bad about it and even was going to give her Dad the money from her birthday to pay for it. I was really surprised but Jim told her that it was a lesson learned and that until we change the plan she will have to limit the text messages.
Well, it's midnight and I need to post and go to bed. Although I am not tired....
Grace and Peace,
Donna
1 comment:
We learned the hard way about texting too. We have unlimited text on our plan becuase even if your child doesn't text, their friends text them. Seems that the kids NEVER really talk to each other they just text. Zack laughs at me because if they text me in text speak I usually answer back with "what the heck does THAT mean?".
Will keep your sister & niece and their little bundles of joy in our prayers.
-Kathy, NJ
Post a Comment