Thursday, January 15, 2009

My baby is 14 now

Elena turned 14 yesterday! It is hard to believe that this baby is now 14 years old. This picture actually after being displayed in a little frame on the refrigerator since the summer of 1995 fell and broke today when I was re-arranging pictures. So, to put it in a yet different type of fridge I decided to scan it in, doctor it up a bit from sun damage and post it in my blog.
It is so hard to believe this much time has gone by and yet I feel like I still am trying to get this 'mother stuff' down. I have made so many mistakes and continually make them even still but would not trade a day with her for anything in the world. Not even a cruise! Yes, that's pretty serious!! In less than a hour she will be home for a four day weekend off of school. Wish we could go somewhere but because of her birthday falling in the middle of the week the only time to get every one together (family) is this weekend. She didn't have a birthday cake to blow out yesterday but she will on Saturday. We gave her the gifts we had and she will receive more on Saturday from my Dad and sisters. She doesn't need anything but CLOTHES! And of course that is the least from her mind. HA! Going today to a activate Greenville event which is a free program for nutrition and just healthy living for 2009. I really need help with my weight. It's so bad I can't motivate myself. Have thought about trying different things but I knowthat even if I lose the weight it is keeping it off that is my problem. I usually gain it back plus some making the next time even harder to lose. Oh well...
Waiting to hear about a doctor appointment of a family member. My, I wish I could express all the concerns in our family right now. Just please pray for two family members please.
Well, better sign off for now. It's just too cold in this room. HA!
Grace and Peace,
Donna

2 comments:

Rose said...

What a cute picture, Elena has changed so much, I wouldn't have known that was her baby picture.

I've always thought that kids grow up too fast. I guess it is just time that goes by too fast.

I hope Elena enjoyed her birthday celebrations.

I hope that your family members health issues are not serious.

Yesterday, I was having breakfast with freinds and we thought we would call our mutual friend who is going through chemo now for her brain tumor. We were all surprised to learn from her husband that she is now in a nursing home. The chemo has made her too weak to feed herself. We are still hoping that she will improve and get back home.

Anonymous said...

Love the picture! Time sure does fly by fast!
Will be praying for the family members. Hope all goes well.
I will let you in on a little secret...... no one truly gets all the mothering stuff down & if they say they do, well they aren't telling the truth - LOL.
- Kathy, NJ