Monday, January 5, 2009

First post of 2009

Five days into the new year and still haven't brought myself to post a blog entry. Not that I haven't wanted to. It is just that I have some things I would love to vent but alas if the wrong people read it I don't know how they would feel. I just would like to say that I am so disappointed in some people in my life that I am really bothered by it. OK... I said that and that is all I can say.
The new year came in quietly no big parties, nothing really exciting but still it came and we enjoyed our new years dinner just the three of us. The day after the Elena and two of her cousins wanted to see Marley And Me movie and that night Victoria spent that night. The third of January Jim and I went to a dear friend's funeral. Nancy was only 59 years old but one of the sweetest and godliest women I have ever known. She suffered for ten years with diabetes and was just admitted into Hospice care the 30th of December and that same evening the Lord took her home. She and I were good friends mainly when we both were involved in ladies bible study together and also working together in the nursery at church when our kids were really young. She and her husband adopted two boys and she and I would support one another all through the processes of adoption of our kids. Her battle for the custody of her boys was much more involved than ours but still we had that bond. The funeral was on January 3rd at the funeral home where my mother is buried just one day after the 11th anniversary of being there for that reason. Her two young boys stood up in front of the chapel and read out their love for their mother. It was a very brave thing for two young boys to do.
Elena and Jim were back to school and work today. I finally finished putting up all the Christmas decorations and rearranged the storage space and seasonal decorations which is housed under the stairs. I have come to one conclusion we have too much stuff!!!
Happy New Year and God Bless You ALL!
Donna

2 comments:

Rose said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. It is terrible to leave before your children are grown. I remember having that fear when I was young.

My friend who had the brain tumor removed is now having daily chemo. It has made her very weak. She can hardly talk on the phone. I am not used to her being like this, she is usually so upbeat. I only hope that the chemo will cure the cancer.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of your friend Nancy's passing. She was lucky to have had you in her life. You are a good friend to all who know you.

Kathy, NJ