Saturday, December 6, 2008

What has happened that I don't seem to want to blog as much as I use to? Well today I met up with an old friend from my past. She grew up with me when I moved to the Simpsonville area of SC. and we (I thought) had a good time 'catching' up.
We have been busy with decorating and purchasing gifts for the Christmas season. A friend of mine sent me a CD she made up of songs by her favorite group "Bare naked Ladies" and their Christmas CD. I enjoy listening to different music. I truly believe that music is the language of the soul. It puts me in the atmosphere of worship and other emotions. I have always loved music.
Elena enjoyed a lesson of riding with the horses today. I know she likes to be with her cousins but this helps her increase her self esteem and for that I am so thankful for her instructor Karla who is also a guidance counselor for the county in a local high school.
Talking with my friend this morning from High School we share the same concerns. We just want for our daughters to do their best and not to be hurt emotionally. I am sure that is the same concern for all moms but Jennifer and I are different in that we both want not only that our daughters not be hurt but to be firm in their faith. Faith is all that matters. I am learning more and more how true that is.
Tomorrow we are going to minister to the children of a local homeless shelter. We already composed cards and gifts for these kids and tomorrow we will present them to them. I am looking forward to this.
We are going down south for Christmas. I feel lead to spend our Christmas with relatives in Mississippi. Call me crazy but that is what we are doing. Every weekend one of the children from Miss. calls my Daughter and expresses how excited they are for us coming to their home for Christmas. I think I made the right decision.
The last couple of weeks before Christmas break is going to be real busy but let's not forget the reason for the season. I love you Jesus and I want so much to be a blessing to YOU.

Grace and Peace,
Donna

1 comment:

Rose said...

You aren't the only one who is not blogging often. Some days I don't even check my email. I think we have gotten tired of the computer, ha.

You are brave, going to MS for Christmas. I talked to Mom last night and she sounded very cranky. I think she was tired. She had gone to a basketball game and then to mass. I had called her when she was out and she called me back. I think it was past her bed time.

Much love to you all,
Rose