Friday, December 19, 2008

I believe this will be my last post before our departure to Mississippi. Today I had lunch with two of my sisters and my niece Danielle with her 18 month old son Connor. We were celebrating Terri's birthday which is tomorrow but she's going away for the weekend so we will not be able to see her. Learned some news I can not tell..... :) Sorry, but I have sworn to secrecy. LOL
My car is making some weird noise when you apply the brakes. It doesn't happen every time but it's enough to put us in a worry mode. We just had it in the shop for a diagnostic of why the service engine light was on and to have a oil change. The brakes were checked along with tire rotation, check hoses and a oil change. The fuel filter was causing the service engine light to come on. Thought we were set till today when I drove I heard this noise and then tonight when we went out for carriage rides and Christmas light viewing. It really has put Jim in a state of depression and things just add up and up. This time of the year is not very good timing for car problems. The yearly termite inspection was also today.
Oh well, things will work out. I will stop my complaining.
I am thankful that we even have a car to have problems with.... LOL Well.. trying here to look on the bright side.
Did I mention I went clothes shopping???? LOL That's another sob story....
Have a Merry Christmas and I will blog when I return.

Grace & Peace,
Donna

UPDATE on car: It was just a bad rotor! (something like that...) but nothing major and we are good to go now! Praise God!!

2 comments:

Rose said...

I'm glad the car problem was not a major one. A car problem is a big concern when you are taking a long trip.

I hope you all can relax and enjoy your trip to MS. Have a wonderful holiday!

Love,
Rose

Anonymous said...

Hope your car is behaving on your trip. Nice talking to you on Christmas - blog soon!
- Kathy, NJ