I have to say that my life has not been a easy journey lately. I have been nursing a daughter who had surgery on her ankle two weeks ago, planning for any day my mother inlaw to enter the gates of heaven, and my Dad's 80th birthday party. Also, we need to get Elena enrolled in Summer school. I am thankful she wants to return to college. Even if it is to see friends, still the benefits of a college education will be a plus in her future.
Just two weeks after her surgery, Elena is out of a soft cast and is given the green light to slowly resume to normal life. I can't believe how well she has recovered and what a good patient she has been.
I have enjoyed taken care of Elena this past couple of weeks. It's like making up for time in the past when there was so much chaos. So much meltdowns, so many tears.
My mother inlaw any day now could call her journey on earth the end. I feel that there is some thing God needs her to resolve first but I know that's between her and her saviour.
I am stressed, depressed and over-whelmed. Yet I am thankful, grateful and happy that life is how it is for me now.
Sorta mixed up, aren't I? Well, isn't most people? I am one of the lucky ones. I know that and for that I am thankful.
DD
.
1 comment:
I hope you get some time to unwind. I've been wondering about you! I'm behind in reading blogs ...
Post a Comment