Monday, December 9, 2013

My visit in heaven

I had the most detailed dream the night before that has had me intrigued. I would actually say that in a small way I had a nice visit with my mother in heaven. Jesus tells us that we have a mansion for in heaven and I really believe I was in my mother's mansion. It was a cute little cottage but very roomy and warm inside. There were lots of people there because my mother was actually serving a dinner party. I remember seeing it was a Italian meal and that people were raving on how good it was. A restaurant called "Temporary Italian" was mentioned that maybe my mother actually was running in heaven! I remember thinking there is no way I can eat all this food but I did and it was absolutely delicious. My mother was in her amazing kitchen that was filled with pastel colored appliances and lots of gadgets a "wanna be chef" (like me!) would go gaga for! I walked around her house and saw lots of cooking books. Some were so old and some were very new. I thought to myself  that maybe I could give her a new one for Christmas. Then I saw a beautiful framed picture. It was a silver frame with her face with her eyes closed and angel wings for her body. This reminded me that she was in fact dead and I would not be able to give her the book. I also thought probably my sister Terri gave her this frame because she is always doing creative, beautiful things with pictures.
I went to where my mother was preparing a dessert for her guests and she was making what seemed to be a type of trifle and one messed up. She laughed and said well that one won't work, I'll have to start again and with some kind of air gadget she deflated the cream inside the glass container. A lady walked up to her and started to talk with her and I thought she would never stop because I needed to talk to her for I felt it was time for me to leave. Finally the lady walked away and I hugged my mother and sobbing said "Mama, you are living now my dream and I am so happy for now you are getting and doing what you always wanted to do. I miss you so much and love you even more, but so glad you are finally getting what you needed." She put her hands on my face and said "I always had what I needed because I have you as a daughter"
Needless to say I then woke up. A side note being that my mother did like to cook but she did not ever think she did things right or was good enough. This dream showed she was very confident and happy.
Perhaps Jesus was at the table too at this banquet, perhaps it was he who gave me the tour of her mansion.
So, I wanted to always remember this dream. Especially when most of the time I forget my dreams. And very few I have had of my mother who will soon have a birthday on December 13 but will be celebrating it in heaven. Perhaps she will make her own birthday cake. :)

1 comment:

Brenda Christmas said...

What a wonderful dream to be blessed with during the Christmas season. :-) You will not forget this one; I believe it was a gift from God. I have had a few dreams like that, so real that I forgot for a moment that my loved one had passed away. Even 20 years later, I remember the dream of my grandfather, hugging him and telling him about my husband and children (he died when I was 13 or 14).