Friday, May 10, 2013

It's been a while... again

I am older, not wiser but yet healthier. Last few weeks I have been so very sick. Thank the Good Lord above that my health has been restored and I am back in the saddle again!
My daughter, my life my reason for living is graduating soon from High School. I still can't believe I am at this point of my life. I look at life much differently now. I look at myself differently and I look at my husband differently. It's been he and I more often and lately it is more ME alone than us. He is sick quite often and yes we both were hit by that awful virus yet this is how it's been for a while any way. I need to find a new chapter. I enjoy being involved in the Guardian ad Litem program but haven't been able to invest my time like I should lately. It will get better. I just need to learn how to organize my time better. My family and my health has been a big impact in my involvement in the program. The kids I have been entrusted with need me to represent them. I have let them down. Maybe I am too hard on myself but then again, I don't think so. It's hard for me to separate and organize. I have to learn like Chanel #5.... things change yet you are always there.. Thank you LORD for always being there.

That I can count on.

1 comment:

Brenda Covert said...

Oh Donna, I'm sure you are wiser! Of course you can't help getting sick. That's not something we would choose for ourselves or our families. Now that warm/hot weather has arrives, perhaps good health will settle in and you'll be able to get more involved in the guardian ad litem program. :-)