Saturday, June 9, 2012

It's going to take time

I am so excited about our vacation plans! Yes, even though it is not a cruise, I am so looking forward to even the long drive to all designations. This is the first time ever we have planned a actual road trip where we are actually going places we have not been. Although I have been to the ultimate designation, the majority family have not and I flew so the road trip there is going to be special!
In July, we are traveling to Louisville, Kentucky to spend a couple of days touring horsey stuff for Elena then on to Chicago, Illinois where we will be visiting Jim's nephew Scott and his lovely bride, Margaret. We have secured motel reservations to both designations and just now have to arrange for the boarding of our little dog and the tickets to the Kentucky Derby Museum for Elena. Then, we will spend a few days with my sister Mary in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I can not wait!!!!! This will truly be an adventure. We were going to rent a vehicle but decided that maybe the Buick Rendezvous will make it. It's not in bad shape and it's such a great car for traveling. It's seen us to Florida, twice and to Mississippi more times than I can count. PLUS it's even been to New Jersey! This car has seen some outstanding places!!
We updated our screened in porch. It was so nice just to sit out there this evening as I reviewed the notes on my new appointed case with the Guardian ad Litem program.
I am more and more realizing how important of a job that is and that my decision to quit facebook because of privacy issues for that organization was a  right one.
Elena is now officially a senior in high school. I can't get a answer from her on what she wants to do after High School. Even to if a college which one?! She just took the SAT exam last weekend. We will find out the results soon.
Life is good, and I am blessed. I am surrounded with such loving friends and family I don't need Facebook. But I have to admit, I do miss it.
Donna

3 comments:

Brenda Christmas said...

I'll be making a road trip to Southern Illinois in July. It's about 520 miles to Mom's house. Last time we went, we stopped in Nashville to tour the Parthenon. I don't know if we'll stop somewhere this time. I'm always anxious to get there as soon as possible to see as many of my relatives as possible!

Unknown said...

Yeah, normally we are too in a hurry to get to designations that usually involve a family member. But this time is different and I am so glad! I hope your trip is wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing all of you!. -Scott